NEW AND FREE CRYPTO AIRDROPS
Learn more about the crypto airdrops
What is a crypto airdrop?
Currently we are experiencing a high number of crypto airdrops, and we cannot denied that crypto airdrops are the trend in cryptocurencies right now. And with increasing in popularity all kinds of scammers saw their opportunity. We are trying to do our best to filter airdrops in our list, but sometimes that is impossible. If you see that some project is shady, please notify us via email. You can ask how it can be scam if it is free? Well, it can take you time, and what is importantly it can take you private information and sell it. Always be very careful is some project is asking your personal information. That information is very valuable!
Crypto airdrops can be divided into 3 groups:
- Bounty (regular) airdrops
- Holder airdrops
- Forked airdrops
Bounty (regular) airdropsMost common token airdrops today. In order to participate you will need to do some social tasks or register on the blockchain project website
Holder airdropsMost of these coin airdrops and blockchain projects are built on bigger and established blockchains like Ethereum (most common), Stellar or NEO. In order to participate in these kind of airdrops you will need to hold that cryptocurrency and you will be dropped with the new one.
Forked airdropsWhen one blockchain is divided for some reason, and from that point of time we have two separate chains, we are talking about forks. In order to participate in these cryptocurrency airdrops you will need to hold cryptos from original chain and you will be dropped with the new cryptocurrency.
You can find holder and forkded airdrops here.
Why are they giving free tokens?
Most common case for organizing a crypto airdrop is prior the ICO campaign. Airdrops are great for gaining users on social media and raising awareness about the crypto project. Successful cryptocurrency airdrop can have a great impact on the success of the ICO (Initial Coin Offering).
Another good reason for organizing the crypto airdrop is to distribute tokens and coins among the users. Tokens have to be used to gain some value. They also need to be properly distribute among the commuity and airdrop can be very helpful.
Safety tips for participating in token airdrops!
1. Never pay for a crypto airdropIf a blockchain project is asking you for money to participate in the airdrops, go away immediately. You will never see dropped coins, but you will probably lose what you have.
2. Never share your private keyThis is mentioned several times now, but it is worth to mention it again. Never share your private key with anyone.
3. Create a new dedicated email addressCreate a new email address that you will use only for the airdrops. DO not forget to set different password to it. Best practice will be to have a different aliases emails for different websites, in example [email protected] But for this you will need to have an own domain, and to forward all emails from a domain (that are not real email accounts) to a real email that you use.
4. Never give your private emailNever use your private email for participation in crypto airdrops. If you have a doubt in project legitimacy do not even share your real name.
5. Never use same password for different accountYou should apply this rule regardless airdrops participation. Best practice is to use on of the good password manager applications.
6. If you have doubts about project legitimacy avoid KYC airdropsIf you have any doubts about blockchain project legitimacy avoid passing the KYC (it stands for the Know Your Customer). It is up to you if you want to share your personal information.
7. Create a new Ethereum address that you will use only for the cryptocurrency airdropsEven if the scammers cannot do you harm if you submit your primary address (if you even have one), they can see yours past transactions and perhaps you can be the future target. It is best to create new Ethereum address that you will use only for the airdrops.
How to participate in the crypto airdrops?
First it is important to remember to never give private key to anyone.And if somebody tell you that you will get free tokens if you provide them private key, go away becasue that is a scam for sure. Now when that is clear, for an airdrop in most cases you will need an email address. Sometimes you will need to registrate to an airdrop site, or complete social tasks (remember airdrops are promotions). Now are most popular blockchain projects built on Ethereum, and for that airdrops you will need an Ethereum address. That is public address, because remember, you never give your private key to anyone. You can create Ethereum address here: www.myetherwallet.com. Sometimes you will need to have a token in your wallet to get an airdrop.
If some project is asking your to firstly buy their tokens in order to participate in the crypto airdrop be sure that the project is very shaddy. We do not promote that kind of airdrops on AirdropsMob. Only difference are legit and holder airdrops, which are legitimate way of organizing and providing a cryptocurrency airdrops.
You will need to have social media accounts. Telegram and Twitter are a must have. In most cases you will also need Facebook, LinkedIn and Reddit accounts. And rearely you will need to have Instagram and Medium accounts. It is important that you do not use fake accounts. Blockchain projects are giving you free tokens and they are organizing cryptocurrency airdrops for raising awareness of their project and they are expecting real users behind those social media account to follow them on social media.
In some cases blockchain project requires that only thing you have to do is to be a hodler of a relevant cryptocurrency. In example if the crypto is built on Ethereum, in this case you will need to have Ethereum in your wallet (of which you are in control of the private key, and not some exchange) at some period of time ("snapshot") and the tokens will be distributed to you. It is important that you store your tokens only in the wallets that you have the control of the private keys!
What is the difference between crypto airdrops and bounty programs?
Crypto airdrops are usually tasks that are required to do only once. Usually those are not complicated tasks and in most cases you will need to follow crypto projects on various social media or register for theirs websites. That is the reason why the award for participating in the cryptocurrency airdrops is not big and it is usually around $5 in project tokens.
On the other hand bounties are much harder to participate in. You will be required to complete repetitive tasks that may include posting on social media, forums or creating quality content. This is the reason why the awards are much bigger then in the airdrops.
In both cases your earned tokens will gain value only it the blockchain project is sucessful. Bear in mind that lots of listed projects may fail and it is not easy to have a sucessful ICO, have a healthy ecosystem for the token economy and list the project on the prominent exchange.
Where can you sell your crypto airdrops tokens?
How to do cryptocurrency airdrops safe? How to store and keep crypto safe?
The most important rule is to never share your private keys with anyone! The best and most secure way to store crypto tokens and coins are are off-line hardware and cold storage wallets. These devices store your tokens off-line and makes them very safe and hard to hack. Most popular hardware wallets are Ledger Wallet Nano S and Trezor. If you are not able to acquire these devices, it is important to choose wallet where you and only you are in control of the private keys. And to backup your private key on papar and store it on the safe place. Good practice in generally is to neve use same password for different accounts. Do not ever use the same password for airdrops sites and your email.