How to get Symbol airdrop:
Symbol is a blockchain project built on the NEM blockchain. Symbol is the trusted, secure value exchange network for business. Symbol smooths business friction, increasing the flow of data and innovation to supercharge the creation, exchange, and protection of assets.
Symbol airdrop is a holder airdrop for NEM holders. On 14th January 2021, NEM is launching the Symbol (XYM) public blockchain. NEM wallets have been updated to include a Symbol Opt-in module, and you have to Opt-in to participate in Symbol airdrop. You will need to download a new NEM wallet. To Opt-in via a mobile device, you will need to download a Symbol mobile app.
Step-by-step guide on how to claim Symbol airdrop:
- Hold at least 100 NEM (XEM) coins in your private wallet
- Download the latest NEM Desktop wallet and import your NEM account. Android and IOS support will be available later
- Go to the Symbol opt-in section and confirm your opt-in for the airdrop
- Trezor wallet holders and Multisig account holders can also opt-in using the NEM Desktop wallet
- The snapshot will happen on 14th January 2021
- Opt-in will close before the snapshot and you will be able to opt-in again for up to six years after the Symbol mainet goes live
- All eligible holders who held at least 100 XEM at the time of the snapshot will receive free XYM in a 1:1 ratio
- You will be able to claim your XYM coins after the Symbol mainet goes live, which is on 14th January 2021